I used EBTH to liquidate the contents of my mother's house after she passed away, obviously a time of extreme emotional distress.Now, in retrospect, it was a terrible decision that I must live with the rest of my life.

It was an absolute nightmare from start to finish. At the beginning of the process the EBTH salesman assured me that EBTH would get the highest prices for everything in the house. Then, when it was time to write the contract, I was told to expect next to nothing for the contents of my mother's house. "This stuff just isn't selling right now..." (Just one example: the dining room table was an early 19th century, solid cherry, Federal style that had been previously appraised at 10-18K!) Based on their low-ball figures they unilaterally choose 48% to be the commision based on their own low-ball estimates.

(You are stuck paying their exorbitant commission no matter how much the sale brings -- NO SLIDING SCALE.) Due to that extreme commission, I decided not to include several items because I didn't want to give everything away at bargain basement prices and then be forced to cut it in half with EBTH. At that point I received an unpleasant phone call from the "salesperson" who tried to pressure me into including those particular items. I was already sick about the decision to use EBTH in the first place so this didn't sit well with me at all! Pickup day was a whole new level of *** to go through.

It was like a carnival. The two employees charged with an orderly pickup process were completely useless. It was like a free-for-all. Besides the scratched floors and gouged walls that occurred that day, the two guys who removed the refrigerator simply CUT the water line, thus flooding the entire kitchen to the point that water flowed all the way through to the basement, and necessitated a plumbing repair.

On top of that, the people who removed the washer and dryer from the second floor removed the condensation line from the central A/C unit situated in the same room. When I came in a couple of days later water was flowing through the light fixtures and the ceiling fans located in the kitchen on the first floor. They had also flooded the second floor, which did damage on two floors, including the floors on the second floor and the ceiling and fixtures on the first floor!!! Finally, when I received the paltry sum of $4,888.00 for all of my mother's lifetime collection of art, furniture, lamps, oriental rugs, etc..

(btw, my mother had been an interior decorator!) the check was made out incorrectly. Wrong name, wrong address - I couldn't even deposit it into any account. As I write this, I am waiting on/hoping for a replacement check. Using EBTH was the WORST decision I could have made.

I hope that, by writing this review, you will not make the same mistake. Stay away from this company. If I could leave a negative number of stars I would.

It was like allowing vultures to pick the final meat from my mother's bones.I will regret it for the rest of my life!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Everything But The House?

Comments